This blog contains Interesting Computer Knowledge.

Tuesday 6 March, 2012

Hard Disk is Making Clicking Sound

 My computer started to freeze sporadically and on restarting the computer, either I would get black screen or a message “Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and press Enter”. On top of that I would get “Click Clack Sound” coming from my Hard Disk.I was frustated by the problem and the only solution I got on the Internet was:- “You Hard Disk is about to fail or Failed. Please backup your data as soon as possible.”

Then after few weeks i came to the final solution of the problem -
1) Disconnect all the unused devices like Floppy Drives, USB Modemns and other USB devices, additional fans etc from the PSU or SMPS.
2) Purchase a new high rated PSU or SMPS to avoid voltage drops.
3) Always use UPS for avoiding fluctuating power source.
4) Make sure the PSU connectors are not loose or faulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment